At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf - or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities:
· Make personal visits, when necessary to target areas and call on Companies and associations located in a specific market or area.
· Book meetings, conferences and social guests from assigned areas.
· Dedicate time to direct telephone sales.
· Rework and maintain old account files and solicit new accounts.
· Respond to all correspondence from assigned areas and trace dates for reworking and follow up.
· Attend trade shows pertinent to assigned areas and attend meetings, seminars and functions through membership in association.
· Perform general office duties and assist other personnel, as required.
· Maintain a constant contact with Corporate and Association meeting planners; maintain membership and contacts in hotel industry associations.
· Maintain a working relationship with departments interacting with convention groups.
· Develop new accounts by being inquisitive of accounts we have for "spin off".
· Stay abreast of industry trends and make recommendations of changes, which would affect operations.
· Negotiate contracts that support the hotel booking guidelines.
· Maintain accurate forecast and recap information.
· Maintain accurate account information in sales system
· Set-up and conduct site inspections for entire property.
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Training & Work Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum (2) two years of college, degree desirable.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Prefer experience in hotel sales or related industry.
· Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
· Delphi knowledge helpful
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Sitting, Fine Motor Skills, Eye/Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision, and Hearing. Further, the position requires Occasional Standing and Walking.
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working Inside, Working Alone, and Working Closely with Others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.