Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Promote and sell to group market in the assigned region. Generate hotel awareness through direct phone sales; direct sales calls, tradeshows and networking groups. Work closely with sales and marketing team to solicit, sell and confirm group business required to meet budgeted sales goals
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
* Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Develop accounts (new and existing) by mapping specific business and buying tendencies. Include group profile for each meeting; maintain organized and professional plan for correspondence and follow up.
* Perform daily telephone solicitations to new and existing accounts/customers in defined geographic region.
* Promote awareness to corporate, incentive and association markets via travel to respective regions in the country providing presentations and personal sales calls.
* Maintain communication/relationship with network for the region, as well as other hotels toward achieving pre-determined revenue goal.
* Create and execute direct sales plan specific to market assignment.
* Promote local awareness through maintaining relationships with CVBs and tourism authorities.
* Conduct tours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all hotel/resort services available; entertain customers on property, during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate.
* Work closely with conference services and catering through execution of definite program; keep Director of Conference Services and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matter so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
* Coordinate all sales related activity through the direction of director of sales; negotiate contract specifics to achieve maximum profitability while satisfying customer needs.
* Excellent knowledge of Delphi account management system to achieve FS minimum Delphi standards, while utilizing Delphi as an account/organizational tool; have a working knowledge of local and regional competition.
* Conduct all sales related interactions with the highest level of professionalism while maintaining specified Swire Hotels standards.
* Assist with all guest inquiries within the sales and marketing department, including assisting with high telephone volume and walk-in site inspections.
* Assist operations team in "crunch" situations.
* Maintain relationships with peers at local hotels/resorts
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* College education required or equivalent experience.
* One to three years of experience in a hotel in sales capacity.
* Strong communications (telephone and in person).
* Strong writing and oral presentation skills
* Requires knowledge of and ability to operate computer equipment
* Basic knowledge of hotel operations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.