Careers and Employment with Upsky Hotels & ResortsUpsky Hotels & Resorts was founded in 2008 and in 2011 Arden House has been home of Upsky Hotel Group, an international multifunctional organization covering technology, education, natural conservation, and business. Inheriting the rich history of Arden House, Upsky Hotel Group is to extend the merits of Arden House and create another round of brightness of Arden House. Arden House became a National Historic Landmark in 1966. As an extension of Arden House's rich culture and hospitality, Upsky Hotels & Resorts owns and operates 12 hotels and resorts in China, including a Condo hotel and 3 U.S. hotels, the Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport (under Global City Hotels, Inc.), Best Western Plus Lighthouse and The Upsky Long Island Hotel in Long Island, New York. Please visit our website at http://www.upskyhotel.com/en/
JOB TITLE: Group Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
BASIC PURPOSE : Plan, solicit, book and coordinate group room sales to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE : Position is responsible for negotiating room rates, dates and space for large groups/accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc...) to maximize room revenue to meet/exceed goals.
- Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requeste\
Knowledge and Skills :
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience
Experience: One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities: Must possess communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
No. of employees supervised: No supervisory responsibility
Travel required: Local travel
Hours Required: Forty to fifty hours over a five day period
Job Type: Full-time