The Doubletree Hotel Boston-Bedford Glen, nestled on 24 wooded acres only 18 miles northwest of Downtown Boston just off the crossroads of I-95 and Route 3, is centrally located by the Middlesex towns of Bedford, Burlington, and Billerica. Our contemporary, boutique hotel is the perfect suburban retreat for leisure or business travel, and is ideally suited for business conferences or gala social events. Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS) is less than 40 minutes away, and we offer complimentary car service within a five-mile radius of the hotel.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that actively solicits and handles inquiries of groups that exceed 10 guestrooms per night. You will participate in the continuing effort to deliver distinctively different guest experiences and nurture lasting relationships with our customers with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of optimum sales objectives.Essential Functions
- With an innovative mind set, identify and enthusiastically create new contacts and develop sales leads through phone solicitation/prospecting, sales calls, trade shows, etc.
- Respond to sales inquiries and contact potential clients to build and nurture lasting business relationships.
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and strategically sell against our competition.
- Take initiative to go beyond the ordinary to differentiate us from the competition and create loyalty.
- Understand fully the hotel amenities, venues and options and provide recommendations to create authentic and distinctively different experiences for our group guests.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs and respond promptly.
- Create, execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Produce quotes and written confirmation to all clients
- Maintain timely and accurate recording of activity to include appointments, calls made and business leads
- Flexibility. We are in the business of bringing dreams to life and it requires operational understanding and innovative thinking to result in the flexibility to produce those dreams.
- Experience. Previous experience and enthusiasm selling passionate people, authentic experiences and distinctively different service to others in a team oriented environment.
- People Person. The best part of selling is creating and building lasting relationships with our guests and team members.
- Great communicator. Verbally creating a picture of the amazing experiences we can create for a group requires excellent listening skills, attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and through excellent written communication.
- Good Administrator. Paperwork may not be the most fun part of the job but organization and the ability to create, implement and analyze manual and automated reports coupled with a comprehensive knowledge of technical and managerial applications of PMS, Delphi and appropriate PC applications will keep you organized and ensure you have more time to sell!
A qualified applicant is a proven “closer” and thrives on the challenge of finding new business but understands the operation and the administrative requirements and ensures he/she is fulfilling those needs as an integral part of the team.