A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Job Purpose: Administer the operational and system processes for coordinating group arrival and departure. This includes verification of reservations, online bookings and rooming lists. Provide ongoing communication between the client, the hotel, and the sales office ensuring all operational standards are met including brand standards, DDC audit requirements and overall guest satisfaction.
- Act as the primary resource for the operational and administrative functions for group block management including building blocks, managing group inventory, billing, pre-arrival and post departure tasks as required. Act as a resource to the hotel and the client for information. Verify information and disseminate as appropriate.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the sales, front office, accounting areas. Have a thorough understanding of the operational areas, guest patterns, demand periods and seasons.
- Maintain a working knowledge of revenue management principles as it applies to the hotel in general by attending revenue mgt and sales meetings in order to insure financial objectives of the property are met.
- Possess a working knowledge of the brands guest loyalty program and how it applies to group customers in order to ensure proper credit for reward programs to meeting planners.
- Attend Daily Business review meeting to be aware of business trends, new bookings and changes to current bookings.
- Attend Weekly Revenue Strategy Meeting.
- Attend brand or company training programs as directed (may involve overnight travel).
- Maintain accurate files and systems for information retrieval as it relates to group bookings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong technical skills in Word, Excel, Outlook along with good internet navigation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility.
- Experience with hotel PMS systems and operational proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Superior oral/written communication skills; ability to interact successfully with all levels.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of general office equipment (e.g., fax machine, copy machine, printers).
- Tact and good judgment and proven experience interacting with customers and hotel management.
High school diploma required.
Minimum 6 months experience in hospitality, sales, marketing or accounts payable/receivable.