JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Group Rooms Coordinator is to perform all duties associated with the taking and processing of group guestroom reservations and assisting the Revenue Manager (or DOSM if no on-property Revenue Manager) ensuring a high level of performance, guest satisfaction and profitability. Key duties will also include preparation and participation in forecasting.
Essential Job Functions
• Compiles and completes reservation reports as needed
• Balances system daily and communicates with front desk during high demand times to ensure 100% occupancy
• Establishes group room blocks, inputs blocks and rooming list accurately and in a timely manner into the hotel systems
• Manages the group rooms pickup on group blocks
• Adheres to contract information when booking reservations such as cut off dates, room types, and block numbers. Does not override without approval of DOS or Revenue Manager
• Creates web links and group landing pages at the request of the sales department
• Responds to guest emails in a timely and professional manner
• Works closely with the property Revenue Manager to ensure that Operational Forecast and 90 Day Forecast are completed weekly
• Engaged with Revenue Manager on maintaining 3rd Party OTA website data integrity
• Trains on and is familiar with the property yield management systems (CI/TY, TLPE, OnQ) to support the Revenue Manager in the event they are not available (i.e. Vacation, sick) and perform the duties.
• Monitors and ensures the information in both property management system and reservation system is accurate (for Marriott branded hotels, manages Queues)
• Imputing rooming lists and conducting any changes noted from the Event Planners- Following up with clients and/or the event planners when completed.
• Management of suite inventory and suite reservations for leisure and group guests
• Building and maintaining house accounts, group masters and room blocks. Building group room blocks and ensuring that all groups past the allowed inventory date are built when systems allow. Ensuring that all room block information in system is current and correct.
• Employ operational and selling techniques to maximize occupancy levels and achieve the highest average rate possible.
• Provide accurate information regarding availability, guestroom types and accommodations, room rates, hotel facilities and services, local attractions/events, transportation to and from hotel, etc.
• Use correct hotel policies regarding hotel cancellations and deposit policies at all times.
• Maintain correct use of Market Segment Codes at all times.
• Maintain effective communication within the reservations department, and with all hotel departments. Be responsive to instructions and suggestions and work to resolve problems.
• Work closely with the Sales department regarding VIP and special requests.
• Maintain clean and organized work area and properly file shipping forms and information updates.
• Knowledge of computer to include reservations and front office systems. Ability to read, input, retrieves, analyze and provide information on data found in computer system.
• Perform and comply with all accounting procedures.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.