Group Rooms Coordinator
Loews Annapolis Hotel, a 215 room hotel with 20,000 square feet of function space is located in the heart of Annapolis, Maryland. Within walking distance of the Annapolis harbor and Historic district and close to shops and restaurant, we are also the boastful home of BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom, a three meal restaurant with Chef Partner Teddy Folkman.
We are seeking a Group Rooms Coordinator (GRC) to work in our Sales/Revenue department of the Hotel. with the position begin January, 2017. The GRC will provide analytical and support and coordination, and work closely with the Director of sales and Marketing and Director of Revenue Management as the Hotel focuses on maximizing 2015 sales and revenue strategies. If you are detailed oriented, focused, enjoy working in a fast paced, fun environment and enjoy being part of a successful team, this may be the position for you.
Essential duties and functions of the GRC include but are not limited to:
- Basic maintenance of local Delphi (News, Date Indicators, Security Logs, Merge Forms, etc)
- Responsible for distribution and follow-up of Delphi errors in a timely manner
- Monitor Opera/Delphi interface
- Monitor maintenance reports daily
- Maintain and compile all marketing plan values based on guidelines in marketing plan maintenance upkeep document
- Run weekly reports from Crystal and Delphi for DOS/M and or DORM
- Analyze daily and transient and group pick up using OBI and IDEAs; ensure pick up dates and patterns fit with hotel strategy and identify key dates for revenue maximization based on daily pick up trends
- Maintain inventory control by bed/room type to maintain straight line availability and make appropriate recommendations to shift allocations when needed based on hotel strategies
- Review daily flash in BI to ensure rooms and revenue are coded correctly and reporting and analysis.
- Update and distribute rate calendar daily. Analyze unusual pickup patterns for demand drivers and special events.
- Monitor group cutoff dates, and communicate with CMS on rooming lists and extensions.
- Work with Ideas to monitor recommended rates, length of stay patterns, and demand analysis; review with DOSM and DORM and propose strategies
- Complete and submit reports in the absence of the DORM.
- Run GRC’s for Revenue meeting; follow-up with Sales Managers on Tentatives – decision dates, etc
- Audit reservations booked report for duplicates, comps, etc.
- Produce and distribute weekly pick-up reports. Review group pick up in weekly meetings and alert DORM/DOSM, Sales and CSM regarding risk to forecast. Follow up with Conference Managers regarding pick-up, reduction and cut-off dates.
- Complete and distribute 12 day forecast weekly and enter into Unifocus
- Evaluate transient protected RN’s and Group MARs in Delphi 0-90 days out, ensure consistency with rate strategy
- Analyze rate shops on weekly basis for 90 days out to ensure rate parity and strategy
- Analyze TravelClick data to identify key areas where hotel is gaining fair share, suggest strategy changes to improve performance as appropriate.
- Analyze weekly STR reports to examine hotel occupancy, ADR and RevPAR performance
- Additional duties to be discussed upon interview and all other duties as assigned.
The position is full time, and will work Monday through Friday with additional hours on weekends if needed. Some travel may be required (less than 10%). As a full time team member of Loews Annapolis Hotel, the GRC will be eligible for the following benefits: Low cost health, dental and vision, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick/personal time, 401k plan with Company match, free life insurance and AD&D, access to low cost short and long term disability plans, access to free Employee Assistance programs, free on site parking, free shift meals, low cost dry cleaning for professional attire, access to Team Member travel programs and excellent development and career opportunities within a growing upscale Hospitality company!
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The following Knowledge, skills and abilities are required to be considered for this position:
- Word – Advanced – Tracking changes, formatting documents, inserting files/pictures into document
- Excel – Advanced – Formulas, Summaries, Pivot Tables, Graphs and Charts, Formatting sheets for printing
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with clients
- Must have excellent written and oral English communication skills and telephone etiquette skills.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize work load
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making and have proven skills of analysis.
- Experience in full service Hotels. Supervisory level hotel operations in the area(s) of Front office, or reservations, or sales.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are strongly preferred to be considered for this position
- Current knowledge of Delphi
- College degree or equivalent
- Previous experience as a GRC
- OPERA experience is strongly preferred
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V