CORE COMPETENCIES: Customer Service/Relations, Leadership, Teamwork, Communication, Decision Making
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Skilled at working with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook.
- Minimum Typing Skills of 50 words per minute.
- Knowledge of Delphi, iHotelier and Maestro is preferred
- Front Desk and/or Group & Conference Experience Preferred.
- Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact.
- A good understanding of Sales and Conference Planning procedures.
- Must be able to analyze data and communicate effectively with peers and superiors in a positive manner.
- Ability to listen, speak and write English to ascertain and respond to vendors needs.
Review all group booking reports (Delphi) from Sales. Match Delphi and the Reservations system weekly and confirm booking numbers are correct. Monitors and audits booking entry performed by sales, catering and conference planning staff to ensure quality and accuracy; generates and monitors daily booking transaction reports to keep abreast of group business on the books. Block groups (tentative and definite) in all Reservations systems. Interact daily with Conference Planning Managers, keeping up-to-date on changes, VIP’s and billings. Enter correct package codes and billing to all future groups and always audit them before turning over to Reservation Manager. Run all pertinent reports for groups: Detailed Guest List, Detailed Reservation List, Rooming Lists, etc. Handle all inquiries for Hotel Contessa Social Blocks including Weddings, Family Reunions and Social Events for groups of 10 and under per night. Negotiates rates, produces letter of agreement and solicits further revenue opportunities for each group. Assist Individual Business Travel Sales Manager with Corporate Negotiated Reservations to include
reservations, billing and special requests. Provide month end reservations tracking.
Responsible for taking reservations and accurately inputting information into the computer system. Answer inquiries of room rates, outlets and room locations. Perform the duties of Group Rooms Coordinator Activate “manual system” in the event of system downtime. Keep up to date with knowledge of phone system. Handle all guests’ special requests in a professional manner. Complete all necessary projects by the assigned times. Complete documents as directed and to specifications. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays