Group Revenue Manager
The Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel is seeking Group Revenue Manager to join our team. Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel is a 4 Diamond, luxury, 556 room hotel with 50,000 square feet meeting space. For more information about the Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, please visit http://www.loewshotels.com/chicago-ohare-hotel.
Group Revenue Manager is responsible for executing the revenue management functions and inventory strategy process for group guest rooms, Food and Beverage Minimums and function space policies, to include monitoring of transient inventory.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
Inventory Control Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Revenue Management team to maximize RevPAR by monitoring and communicating Group issues that affect the Transient strategy. Maintain tools for the Sales Department to maximize RevPAR, such as the Association Calendar, MAR rates, Transient Protected rooms in Delphi, Access/Small Groups Calendar, Market Mix Model, etc.
- Review Group turnovers from Sales Managers and make necessary adjustments. Adjust Group Blocks in system based on history and pick-up. Ensure group contracts meet the minimum Food and Beverage Guidelines or have approval of deviation.
- Consult with the Director of Revenue Management on function space room releases, Minimum acceptable group rates and function room availability.
- Prepare Sales Month-end reports
- Effectively communicates Loews Hotels’ recommended Revenue Management philosophies as they pertain to the specific property
- Understands and complies with Home Office Revenue Management initiatives and philosophies
- Understands the working relationship between Opera & DMPE. Ensures that technical questions relating to Opera & DMPE are escalated to the correct support destination in a timely manner. Checks interface monitors in both systems and resolves any issues.
- Monitor Call-in groups to make sure Reservations Agents have updated strategies & instructions to maximize RevPAR
- Prepare Group portion of weekly & monthly forecasts and annual Budget
Oversee DMPE process, reporting, training and functionality to include the following:
- Ensure that DMPE standards are being followed in the hotel and communicate any changes to the team. Create and analyze reports in DMPE & Crystal to maximize sales deployment and solicitation. Ensure Loews standard contracts are being implemented.
- Ad hoc reporting
- Review F&B forecasting reports
- Assign groups to Group Reservations Coordinators
- Ensure that Conference Managers are following up with their Room block duties in a timely manner. Conduct weekly Pick-up Meeting with Conference Management Team
Supervise and train E-lead Coordinator on Revenue-related duties (following up on room blocks, turning groups Definite, STR data entry, loading Transient Protected and MAR figures into DMPE, running reports, and being the back-up for the Group Revenue Manager in his/her absence
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Minimum three years progressive hotel management/reservations experience.
- General knowledge of Hotel Departments.
- Extensive knowledge of Ideas, Opera ORS & PMS, Delphi, Excel, SSRS and Crystal reports
- Proven understanding of restrictions, the reasoning behind them, and the ramifications of using each restriction type
- Proven strong grasp of operations and the revenue management process
- Understanding of the Loews Hotels’ brand philosophies preferred
- Customer focused and enjoys problem solving
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of Loews Corporate Group/Revenue Management month end reporting standards
- Understanding of STR, property daily and month end revenue-reporting results
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision/information given
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent follow through
- Must be customer service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills
- Must understand that the position of Travel Planner is a sales position
- Must have excellent written and oral English communication skills and telephone etiquette skills
- Must have excellent computer skills, literate in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Word Processing software
- Must be organized and able to prioritize work load
- Agile in multi-tasking and able to make sound decisions based on available information
- Must be able to type 25 wpm
- Must be flexible to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits guest feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilize others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Previous management / supervisory experience in similar size operation preferred.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V