Group Reservations Coordinator
As a Group Reservations Coordinator, you will fill a pivotal role in ensuring guest satisfaction throughmanually enter all group-related rooming lists from housing bureaus and Conference Services and perform updates as needed. Arrange all billing requests as instructed from group contracts and resumes. Attend pre-conference meetings with group contacts and weekly resume meetings with hotel staff. Develop rapport with group contacts and Sales/ Conference Services Managers by responding to reservation requests in a timely manner with a dedication to customer service excellence. Demonstrate a solid understanding of our customers, our products, our competitors and our industry.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 1 year of hotel reservations, hotel customer service and/or hotel sales experience. Brand experience preferred.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have knowledge of the local area.
- Have good computer skills and brand Property Operating Systems experience.
- Books guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel. Using the reservations system; processes reservations from the Sales Department, Home Office Sales Department, or Reservations Centers.
- Communicates with Travel Agencies/ Wholesalers to coordinate guest and group bookings, hotel occupancy status, and special rates.
- Up sells rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize hotel average room rate; utilizes yield management strategies to ensure a full house whenever possible.
- Processes cancellations, revisions and information updates on changes; processes guest reservation requests for other hotels within the hotel system.
- Ensures proper verbiage is used when answering the phones and selling hotel rooms.
- Provides accurate information about the city and the surrounding attractions when asked by guests; mails hotel-specific information sheets and brochures to guests as requested.
- Stays informed of current rates, rate changes and all promotions: assists Revenue Manager in rooms forecasting. Completes daily logs to record the number of calls, bookings and cancellations.
- Assists with group blocks and rooming lists as needed. Pre-blocks some groups and VIP guests as needed.
- Runs daily reports such as Yield Management Report, Arrivals Report, Cancellation Report, etc.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Communicates special guest or group needs to the Front Desk.
- Participates as part of Revenue meetings in place of Revenue Management.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions