Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
Processes all group contracts from the Sales Department within the guidelines given, group blocks are entered in R&I and OnQ FMS. Verify correctness of data entered against the data received. Follows up with Sales Department regarding all questions that stem from groups. Monitors group blocks and pick up and communicates with RM and Sales when there are questions or concerns. Promptly provides accurate information regarding availability of accommodations and other requested information. Assists other departments such as Sales, Convention Services and Front Office with reservation related questions.. Handle on property reservations calls as needed. Provides support to the Revenue Management team as needed. Conducts weekly Group pick up meeting. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiar with and correctly answer inquiries about hotel rooms, services, local attractions, etc.
- Follow the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Use superior customer service skills to build rapport, recommend and provide price quotes.
- Enters accurate reservations and changes into the computer. Accommodate special requests when possible. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure release of any Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform if applicable.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or equivalent experience. Pleasant phone voice along the consistent proper use of the English language is required. Required minimum of 1 year experience working in a Front Desk copacity at aHilton brand hotel.
Skills and Abilities:
Good organization skills and the ability to work under pressure are key to this position.
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to correctly sell and process reservations, changes and cancellations in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills. Proficient typist.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.