Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewResponsible to bill and collect all revenues owed to the company in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.Essential Functions
- Prepare invoices for Catering functions as well as Group functions
- Finalize invoices within 3-5 days of billing deadline
- Attend all pre-con meetings
- Attend weekly group resume meeting
- Prepare invoices for daily bill review, when requested
- Meet with onsite group contacts to review billing
- Deliver cash paid out to meeting planner when requested.
- Prepare final pick up report for commissionable agencies
- Invoice upcoming deposits
- Post check/wire payments and charge credit cards
- Responsible for weekly Deposit Report
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Billing and/or collection experience – Springer Miller preferred
- Hotel accounting background preferred
- Experience with hotel property management system an Delphi Sales & Catering system preferred
- Extremely detailed and accurate
- Able to work autonomously
- Proficient with MS Excel & Word preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with departmental managers, associates, guest and the public
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines