Grounds Maintenance Associate
A Magnificent & Iconic Hill Country Resort
For a Texas-sized getaway with every diversion and amenity, there's no better destination than the Hill Country luxury resort of La Cantera.
Set atop one of the highest points in San Antonio, La Cantera Resort offers two golf courses, five swimming pools, eight unique dining venues and a renowned Health Club & Spa. Ample facilities handle meetings, events and weddings. Décor and design elements incorporate distinctive native textiles, artwork and color palettes, and there are sweeping vistas all around the resort. Nearby attractions include Six Flags Fiesta Texas, destination shopping, the beautiful Texas Wine Country and historic and romantic San Antonio.
This AAA Four Diamond-rated resort is an exception product with a great culture and team to grow your career with.
- Enjoy working as part of a team to assist other engineering personnel with routine repairs and preventive maintenance
- Earnestly respond to guest requests to ensure their personal comfort
- Take pride in our house and perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas while monitoring and maintaining cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Enthusiastically prepare for daily work assignments and review priorities and special projects
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate time management
- Hold the highest standards for proper use of all equipment
- Responsibility for ensuring safety and security of the property, our guests and fellow associates
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Must have basic knowledge in the building maintenance fields with a minimum of one (1) year in a similar position or equal experience, specifically using hand tools and other tools to repair and maintain equipment.
- Knowledge. Must have experience with basic diagnostic devices and training in general-overall mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, and carpentry knowledge and the ability to trouble shoot in these principals.
- People Person. While this position requires working with equipment, the best part is the opportunity to be part of a team and interact with guests.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to trouble shoot and knows a thing or two about safety, facility repairs and maintenance.