Tucked away on Mission Bay you will find Paradise Point Resort & Spa, a 44-acre island resort conveniently located next door to SeaWorld and just minutes from the airport, downtown San Diego, and top attractions like the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Featuring over 462 bungalow-style rooms nestled amongst tropical gardens, lagoons, and beaches, Paradise Point has served as a top destination for Southern California vacations, weddings, and meetings for over 50 years.
You will join a team of incredibly friendly and positive people that are all committed to providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will be responsible for greeting and seating guests, overseeing dining room maintenance and monitoring service to ensure guest satisfaction. Essential Functions
- Warmly greet guests into the restaurant
- Proactively support the restaurant team while monitoring dining room activity
- Collaborate with team members to communicate any special needs or guest requests
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond and take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while maintaining an organized host stand or work area
Sincerely thank guests leaving the restaurant and invite them to return
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others preferred.
- Knowledge. Familiarity of restaurant terminology and food service techniques preferred.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.