At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf - or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Operates powered equipment in mowing specified golf course areas including: putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and resort ground turf areas.
· Waters and fertilizes putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and any other related turf areas.
· Grades and prepares soil plant beds, lays sod, and plants vegetative material.
· Assists in cultivation practices dealing with all turf areas.
· Performs routine bunker maintenance and/or bunker renovation.
· Performs a variety of labor duties including: Sting trimming, edging, pruning, top-dressing, hazard maintenance, divot repair, and drainage tasks.
· Supports irrigation maintenance duties such as: irrigation head trimming, valve trimming, PVC pipe repairs, head leveling, and minor electrical tasks.
· Maintains ball washers, coolers, course signage, bathrooms, trashcans, tunnels, course roping, flags, cups, and tee markers.
· Operates mechanical loaders in moving soil, debris, and other materials.
· Supports the course mechanic in lubrication and minor service repairs to equipment.
· Participate as support staff on any special projects.
· Report any and all abnormalities on the golf course such as damage disease, insects, debris, etc.
· Support other departments as needed and as opportunities arise.
· Assist in all housekeeping duties of the Golf Maintenance facility.
· Comply with Lansdowne Resort policies and procedures.
· Communicate daily with staff and other departments in regard to duties and activities.
· Responsible for department and equipment cleanliness, safety and appearance.
· Respond to any reasonable task requested by the General Manager.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Golf course grounds or landscaping experience preferred.
· Ability to work effectively with others.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional Sitting and Crawling. Frequent Manual Dexterity, Gross Motor Skills and Fine Motor Skills. Constant Walking, Bending Over, Reaching, Crouching, Kneeling, Balancing, Pushing/Pulling, Lifting/Carrying, 70lbs, Eye/Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision, Color Recognition, Hearing
Environmental Factors include
Working; Working Outside, Working Inside, Working Alone, Working Closely With Others, Excessive Cold/Heat, Excessive Humidity/Dampness, Noise/Vibrations, Working Above Ground, Working with Chemicals/Detergents/Cleaners, Working Around Fumes/Smoke/Gas, Walking on Uneven Surfaces, Motorized Equipment or Vehicles.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.