Sunriver Resort, Oregon's most popular resort destination, is located on the Eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, 17 miles south of Bend, Oregon. Enjoying nearly 300 days of sunshine each year, Sunriver Resort combines world-class recreation and resort amenities with Oregon's natural beauty to create an extraordinary vacation destination. The resort boasts three world-class golf courses, which have won many awards including Golf Magazine's coveted Gold Medal as one of America's best golf resorts. Guests looking to relax can take refuge in our renowned Sage Springs Club and Spa. Offering a full range of massages, facials, body treatments, and salon services, our spa is the refuge of choice for relaxation-seekers.
Job OverviewYou will play an integral role in golf course operations. You will perform a diverse range of activities involved in golf course maintenance and equipment maintenance. Greenskeepers mow the greens and maintain the bunkers each morning to ensure the golfer will experience their very best golf game.Essential Functions
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of golf course care. Use walking and riding greens mower, tee mower, fairway mower, rough mower, roller, bunker rake, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools to maintain golf course grounds and landscaping.
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure the guests’ needs are being met
- Clean and maintain equipment that is used. Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Set cups and move tee markers.
- Hand-water greens and tees.
- Help with irrigation repairs.
- Perform general landscape maintenance using hand held equipment.
- Morning Person. This job is a lot of fun, but you’ve got to be a morning person! Greenskeepers start in the wee hours of the morning and typically get to enjoy their afternoons off. If you like to hit the snooze button, this job might not be for you.
- Experience. Previous experience on golf courses, successful working on a team, and working with heavy equipment is important.
- People Person. Greenskeepers work as part of a crew. It’s important that you like team and people environments.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate well with your crew and crew leaders.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring attention to detail.