Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.Job Description
This position delivers prompt, friendly, courteous service to Guests ensuring all order for guests and servers are done accurately and in a timely manner.Responsibilities
- Serve properly mixed and proportioned drinks, in a timely manner, to guests and servers.
- Have excellent working knowledge of liquors, beers and wines.
- Upsell and suggestive sell of both food and beverage to guests.
- Requisition and restock bar with all essential products and equipment.
- Monitor environment in room (temperature, lighting, music, televisions).
- Observe and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Check identification of guests ensuring alcohol is serve only to those patrons of legal drinking age.
- Monitor the intake of alcohol of guests, prohibiting sale of alcohol to those who are intoxicated.
- Communicate with guests and respond to feedback in a positive manner, resolving any service issues.
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 7 hours per shift.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone and in person
- Must have basic computer/MICROS knowledge
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Previous cash handling and bartending experience is required.
- TIPS Certification is required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment providing courteous service and engaging the guests in conversation.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, weekends and holidays.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.