Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
This position primarily interacts with resort guests, members, guests, tournament, outings, and strategic business partners. The Retail Supervisor actively supervises daily golf shop operations up to and including Assistant Golf Professionals, Shop Attendants, Reservationists, for payroll, assistance, and training. Work with Head Professional to manage retail operations including vendor meetings, inventory processing, merchandising and reporting.Responsibilities
- Directly supervise Assistant Golf Professionals, Golf Shop Attendants, and Receptionists to ensure all aspects of Golf Shop operations are in line with Omni ChampionsGate service standards.
- Assist in merchandise buying for Golf Shop.
- Assist in tracking trends in consumer consumption to determine which products should be sold.
- Assist in evaluation of prior sales to establish future fulfillment needs.
- Assist in researching suppliers and negotiate contracts for product fulfillment processing.
- Place orders and ensure inventory is properly distributed.
- Assist in performing physical inventories as prescribed by Director of Golf and Head Golf Professional.
- Attend tradeshows and conferences to stay abreast of industry standards as directed and/or needed.
- Assist in supervising all golf staff (direct line responsibility to Head Golf Professional).
- Acquire working knowledge of “back of the house” operations for EZ Suite to insure proper function and integration of point of sale and tee sheet systems.
- Responsible for on-going management of EZ Suite POS systems.
- Responsible for onboarding of new associates and on-going training of existing associates on operational systems and Omni service standards.
- Monitor and maintain Forecast Model. Use the information gained from monthly/daily forecast to implement necessary actions to maintain budget line items associated with associate schedules and retail operations.
- Utilize budget information to make operational purchase recommendations or fulfillments with approval of Head Golf Professional.
- Work closely with Golf Sales team to ensure proper communication, preparation, execution, and billing of tournaments/outings.
- Participate in, and delegate, tournament related responsibilities such as pairing, scoreboard, and overall golf outing preparation.
- Assist in the development of standards and maintain responsibility for cleanliness and appearance of storage areas and merchandise displays.
- Ensure that all members and guests are greeted and welcomed in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answer questions and provide assistance and information to customers.
- Answer telephones to schedule future starting times and communicate information in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Accurately operate point of sale system, verify the accuracy of prices of state and federal taxes and other changes on all sales tickets. Collect green fees and cart fees.
- Professionally communicate information, sell merchandise, and become fully knowledgeable in all products and sales techniques. Anticipate the needs of members and guests and offer appropriate merchandise alternatives.
- Ensure that the displays are kept at par stock inventory levels at all times and that the appearance of the displays meets or exceed ChampionsGate standards.
- Responsible for managing, opening, closing and securing golf shop and storage areas using established procedures.
- Maintain golf shop revenue generated through golf shop sales.
- Maintain a high profile with membership and guests and positively promote the service philosophy of ChampionsGate Golf Resort.
- Maintain and assist in the club’s golf handicap system.
- Ensure the “pace of play” standard is maintained daily.
- Any other reasonable requests of Operational Management.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good verbal skills.
- Ability to use logical or rational thinking to solve problems.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, including calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to provide effective written and verbal instructions, as well as the ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions independently.
- Ability to effectively monitor and develop subordinates.
- Ability to visually inspect professional golf shop merchandise displays and outside operations golf areas.
- Ability to perform moderate physical work, may be required to lift up to 60 pounds of force occasionally, up to 40 pounds frequently and up to 10 pounds constantly and performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, lifting and grasping for up to five hours without sitting.
- Thorough knowledge of general business procedures as would normally be acquired through a secondary education
- Thorough knowledge of general business administration practices and professional golf operations practices and procedures through previous golf related experiences. Prior supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- First Aid / CPR certification preferred but not required.
Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, misdirected golf balls and dangerous chemicals / solvents, pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers if proper safety procedures are not followed. Working environment will be both indoors and outdoors in all seasons.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.