Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewThis position will handle the day to day operations for the golfers on golf course, including merchandise sales, answer telephones, schedule tee times, golf valet, ranger, starter, bag handler etc. They will play an integral role in membership retention. They are also responsible to issue and process returns of golf carts and rental equipment to and from golfers ensuring that all returns are checked and correctly documented. They will monitor and maintain the driving range and practice areas, re-stocking as required.
- Maintains an exceptional golf experience for members and guests
- Takes starting times and legibly enter daily tee sheet or in the computer
- Sign up golfers and take greens and cart fees.
- Sell golf merchandise
- Control play going on the course when the starter is not being used
- Provide all pertinent information to the golfer concerning the day’s conditions of play (e.g. carts on paths, golf course work) and directions on where they are going
- Responsible for financial records and accounting functions necessary to open and close and comply with administrative needs
- Work as golf valet, ranger, starter and bag check when needed
- Develop an atmosphere of professional friendliness
- Recognize the guest as soon as they enter the golf shop
- Basic knowledge of the game of golf required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays through the end of the golf season
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, cold, sun and heat)
- Ability to handle computer systems such as P.O.S.
- Assist in all areas of the golf operations including but not limited to valet, pro shop retail, ranger, bag handling and starter