QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
AAS Degree in Horticulture, Turfgrass Management, or related field is required. Experience may be substituted. Knowledge of game of golf is helpful. Proven leadership qualities. State of Florida Commercial applicator for turf and ornamentals preferred Ability to communicate in written and oral forms. Ability to work independently and in team setting. Ability to interact well with others in a professional manner. Ability to operate a variety of small equipment and hand tools in safe manner. Ability to adjust and learn new equipment and procedures.
- Must be well groomed. Dress requirements include assigned uniform. Uniform nust be worn at all times while working on the property.
- Must be well-mannered, greet guests and employees when encountered, and show appreciation to the guest for being at the resort, show willingness to help guests and employees at all times.
- Applies chemicals and fertilizers to resort properties in correct manner.
- Responsible for training of other team members assigned to similar tasks. Waters in chemicals or fertilizers after application. Calibrates application equipment. Uses hand spreaders, push spreaders, hand sprayer, riding sprayer.
- Hand waters greens and tees. Helps with irrigation repairs.
- Will be assigned responsibility for leading small group of other team members to achieve high quality results in an efficient manner.
- Uses walking and riding greens mower, tee mower, fairway mower, rough mower, roller, bunker rake, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools to maintain golf course grounds and landscaping. Cleans and maintains equipment that is used. Treats all equipment with care and respect. Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Sets cups and move tee markers.
- Performs light custodial operations on golf course grounds.
- Reports problems encountered on site to supervisor immediately. Takes appropriate steps to address emergency situations.
Comply with Villas of Grand Cypress Resort policies and procedures. Communicate daily with staff and other departments in regard to duties and activities. Responsible for department and equipment cleanliness, safety and appearance. Respond to any reasonable task requested by the General Manager.
ENVIRONMENT: In and out doors setting, sun, heat, cold, and rain.