Nestled on the northern tip of Isle of Palms, a lush barrier island off the coast of South Carolina, Wild Dunes Resort is located less than 30 minutes from the charm and grace of historic Charleston. The Resort occupies 1,600 acres of oceanfront paradise with a variety of accommodations ranging from the AAA Four-Diamond Rated Boardwalk Inn and The Village at Wild Dunes to private condos and luxury home vacation rentals. Offering a year-round menu of championship golf, nationally-ranked tennis, award-winning recreation, spa services and restaurant options, Wild Dunes Resort has been distinguished by many publications and associations as a top destination for families, golfers, tennis lovers, and meeting and event planners.
As a team member at Wild Dunes, we offer exciting staff discounts and benefits: reduced golf fees, complimentary Tennis Court and Recreation pool usages, retail outlet and national hotel discounts. We are a united and coordinated collection of talented and diverse individuals who are here for a single purpose - to serve our guests. Together, we provide service for our guests that will surprise and delight.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for the daily golf course operations and maintenance. These responsibilities include but are not limited to personnel management, departmental budget/forecasting, property/asset management and ensures compliance of regulatory matters. The Superintendent will create an enthusiastic environment of quality performance.Essential Functions
- Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance, cost control, and associates
- Works closely with the GM, Director of Golf, Head Golf Pro and Supervisors to operate the Golf Course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner
- Ensure compliance with all states and federal safety regulations as it pertains to the equipment and materials used in golf course maintenance
- Recruits, supervises and retains maintenance staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action
- Develops technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, company safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions
- Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects
- Maintains thorough and accurate records and completes all required reporting
- Schedules maintenance practices in collaboration with the golf shop to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members and guests
- Extensive knowledge of soils, turf, fertilizers, and chemicals used in golf course maintenance
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in golf course maintenance
- 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science) or equivalent experience/education
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play
- Ability and knowledge to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns, construct tees and/or greens