Global Sales Manager
The Standard Hotels
Location: US - CA - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA, US 90071
The Standard Downtown LA (SCI LA Inc)
Do you have what it takes?
We are currently looking for a motivated and charismatic Global Sales Manager to help make our guest experience exceptional. The right attitude and desire to work on our Marketing Team are important qualities! Got personality? Bring it.
Ensure sales quotas are met. Ensure that sales activities, preferred accounts, and corporate group bookings are focused to yield maximum revenue per room occupied. Global entails this position will sell every property in The Standard brand in the assigned area/region/coast.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Make telephone and personal sales calls on all accounts in assigned market areas. Follow up promptly with appropriate action to support telephone and personal sales calls.
- Travel and solicit business designated by the marketing plan and the Director of Sales.
- Achieve weekly prospecting goals consistently.
- Negotiate with clients and achieve maximum revenue/profit potential while satisfying client needs.
- Conduct tours of property with Corporate travel managers.
- Meet required individual goals of overall sales and profitability through the evaluation, solicitation, selling and confirming of business.
- Develop data and recommend programs to meet client needs as well as recommend alternate proposals.
- Qualify profitability of prospective leads.
- Sell all hotel services.
- Understands and maximizes the utilization of all automated sales and reservation systems involved with group business.
- Report on a monthly basis plan/goal.
- Contact other customers in-house to promote good will and foster additional business repeat bookings.
- Develop and manage a direct marketing program aimed at generating business.
- Coordinate with Department Heads to ensure quality of group/guest satisfaction.
- Follow up on progress of booked business and key account performance.
- Maintain assigned files in accordance to guidelines outlined in account coverage programs.
- Assist in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas to increase sales activity, volume and profit.
- Participate in sales meetings and industry related organizations to represent the resort and company.
- Coordinate special events, promotions and publicity activities as assigned.
- Maintain complete working knowledge of local competition.
- Provide input on the group segment of the marketing plan and budgets.
- Participate in trade associations such as HSMA, NBTA and others
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times and conduct personal behavior in a mature professional business manner when representing the hotel or company.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the hotel management and staff.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. BA graduate.
2. Two to five years experience in Hotel Sales.
3. Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
4. Compute accurate mathematical calculations.
5. Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgments.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of team.
- Understand and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservation systems involved with group business.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
1. Ability of speaking multiple languages