Global Brand Manager-Employer Brand
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Marriott International HQ located at 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, MD, 20817 is currently hiring a Global Brand Manager-Employer Brand.
Responsibilities include: The Global Brand Manager, Employer Brand is a member of the Employer Brand and Communications (EBC) team. Simply put, EBC is a brand marketing team working on behalf of the Human Resources discipline, using consumer brand marketing strategies and creative solutions to help the company attract and engage employees globally. Marriott International is continually recognized as one of the best places to work. Travel is among the most treasured experiences in our lives. The company’s core business philosophy is built on putting people first. We’re the lucky ones who get to market this to the world!
This person will always maintain a team-first attitude and will be focused on developing and using brand marketing strategies, new digital technologies and creative campaigns to strengthen perceptions of Marriott International, and its growing portfolio of world class brands, as an employer and as a travel company.
The Global Brand Manager, Employer Brand will be responsible for contributing to Marriott International’s enterprise-wide Employer Brand strategy, dedicated to helping the company, and its portfolio of brands, attract, engage and retain top talent all around the world. She/He will support efforts to identify and implement new brand strategies and tactics across Marriott International, in alignment with the broader corporate vision, and in collaboration with other key stakeholder groups.
Areas of focus for this individual fall into five categories:
- Strategy: Contributing to the development and pursuit of the 3-year employer brand strategy, providing a system-wide foundation to drive brand equity for Marriott’s portfolio employer brand and also on behalf of the hotel brands within the portfolio, globally. This strategic plan will supplement the company’s talent acquisition, associate engagement and consumer brand strategies and will ensure consistency in brand expression.
- Innovation: Drive innovation and creativity in marketing the Marriott International employment experience, and collaborate with key stakeholder groups to develop and leverage innovative forms of media to deliver upon the employer brand strategy.
- Creative Production: Manage agency partners to create breakthrough rich media content and other promotional materials on behalf of the team.
- Project Management: Lead projects that support the enhancement of Marriott’s employer brand, by defining project plans and processes to deliver on strategy, execute on time and on budget, and define and measure results.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management: Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, encouraging collaboration and adding value through consulting activities. Work to ensure cross-functional collaboration and coordination in achievement of agreed-upon priorities.
She/He must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, identifying opportunities, anticipating challenges, and devising and executing breakthrough branding and marketing strategies to deliver against current and future team priorities.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Annually, partner with the team to re-define the overall Employer Brand strategic plan to enhance the company’s reputation in the marketplace among potential and current associates. This will include identifying and implementing insights plans to inform the development and execution of an enterprise-wide employer brand framework. The framework will apply across brands, geographies and disciplines within Marriott International.
- As a brand and marketing subject matter expert, ensure alignment of the EB+C strategy to business priorities including developing and implementing high quality, innovative, cost-effective employer brand and marketing initiatives and related collateral, products, programs and services.
- Consult with other internal teams to evaluate employer brand opportunities and business needs; recommend employer brand and marketing solutions that support Marriott’s Global Employer Brand strategy and collaborate to deliver against the solutions.
- Drive measurement for enhancing Marriott’s employer brand. Identify metrics and measurement areas, analyze data to determine priorities as well as track employer brand performance and recommend continuous improvement.
- Manage the design, development, and execution of overall employer brand and marketing programs and employer brand approach for candidate and associate “touchpoints”, including
- Talent Acquisition: marriott.com and ritzcarlton.com careers websites, employer advertising materials and online recruiting platforms, and candidate communications and onboarding
- Provide consultation and recommendations to other internal teams and company stakeholders on applying employer brand strategies and deliverables to ensure employer brand “pull-through” for all employment experience associate touchpoints.
- Develop employer brand and marketing best practices by establishing relationships with other companies, researching, benchmarking and delivering programs on par with the latest consumer marketing trends.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure alignment and consistency with broader consumer marketing efforts.
- Partner with project teams to manage end-to-end client, stakeholder and customer relationships and resources.
- Coordinate activities with outside agency partners, as required.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major required. MBA with a focus on brand marketing preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Proven track record designing, developing, and implementing high impact solutions, preferably in large organizations, using a variety of delivery methodologies.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a key team player to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Contributes to the successful execution of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.