What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
As General Mechanics, you will support the Engineering Department to ensure an exceptional operational experience throughout the hotel. Specifically, a Maintenance Operative will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Perform day-to-day general maintenance duties within the hotel rooms and public areas
- Respond promptly to maintenance issues and emergency calls
- Conduct regular inspection tours of the hotel to ensure all operating equipment is working correctly
- Work closely with the Engineering Team on any projects or schedules
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas in proper condition
- Follow all Health and Safety rules within the Department and the hotel
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service when engaging with Guests
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Chief Engineer to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel
General Mechanics serving Hilton Worldwide brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous maintenance experience, preferably in a hotel or a similar varied work environment such as ships, hospitals or retail businesses
- A certificate in Engineering, preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for managing a variety of projects and tasks throughout the day