A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, over 10,000 rooms in 23 countries with 16 hotels in Asia, 14 in The Americas and nine in Europe and North Africa.
Our aim is to be widely recognized as the best luxury hotel group in the world, providing exceptional customer satisfaction in each of our hotels. The growth strategy of our Group is to successfully operate 10,000 rooms in major business centers and key leisure destinations around the world, whilst continuing to expand our presence globally. Our current portfolio reaches across four continents, and we remain firmly on track with our development plans. The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for our legendary service hospitality
About Mandarin Oriental, New York
A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 244 elegant guestrooms and suites -- all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; MObar created by noted interior designer, Tony Chi; the Lobby Lounge with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants.
The Engineering responsibilities and duties include the following:
- Execute Standard Operating Procedures, Policy and Procedures, preventive maintenance programs developed by Engineering Department.
- Work closely with various departments such as Housekeeping, F&B, Front Office to solve daily operational issues.
- Conduct repair and maintenance work of various Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and HVAC (Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning) systems.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- At least 2-5 years in working with basic electrical, mechanical, plumbing equipment and systems in an engineering environment.
- Basic knowledge of building systems, various painting and finishing wood-work.
- Experienced in working for a luxury hotel or residential property.
- Experienced in working with Fire, Life, Health and Safety systems, and Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Basic knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Good written and verbal skills in the English Language