Are you looking for an employer that respects your knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit yet provides a framework of guidance and support? Chesapeake Hospitality is seeking a proven and dynamic General Manager with strong F&B experience for the Fenwick Inn in Ocean City Maryland. This full-service hotel offers 198 rooms, OC360 - the roof-top restaurant and bar with a panoramic ocean view, a pool and hot tub, access to the boardwalk, and versatile meeting space.
We are looking for a GM who can take this full-service hotel and restaurant to greater heights and make it a market leader while creating a working environment for employees that delivers on our promise to "Experience What's Possible." This position requires strong F&B experience in an à la carte restaurant/bar setting.
We will consider F&B Directors, Operations Directors and Assistant General Managers who have exceptional skills and are willing to learn.
As a General Manager, your role would be to manage all hotel operations to ensure excellent service scores and profitability.
As the General Manager you will:
- Lead the effective management of all hotel functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing the guest experience.
- Ensure the development of a realistic strategic business and marketing plan that defines operational goals and profitability.
- Oversee the management of OC360 the rooftop restaurant and bar.
- Develop and implement creative ways to integrate the hotel into the local community and build long-term relationships.
- Create and maintain customer-driven operations with a vision that inspires hotel associates and ensures guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that all business decisions are in line with the company's mission, values and guiding principles.
- Successfully balance the needs and expectations of guests, employees, corporate, the brand and hotel ownership.
For you to be the ideal candidate, you should have the following:
- 3+ years of Hotel General Management experience for a full-service hotel of comparable size.
- Experience in all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, human resources, food and beverage, budget/forecast management, rooms, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Experience managing a successful restaurant and bar.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to train and hold staff accountable for best practices.
- Proven track record of hotel success.
- Sales and Marketing abilities.
- Knowledge and experience successfully managing an independent hotel.
- Effectively communicate and interact with guests and employees.
- A personality that thrives in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment with a lot of variety.
- Ability to develop a positive and collaborative relationship with asset owners.
Compensation & Relocation?
We are looking to hire the best leader for this hotel and will offer relocation assistance if needed. This position offers a yearly bonus based on the performance of the hotel, health insurance, 401k, life insurance, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Paid Time Off, Professional Development and opportunities for career advancement.
If you have questions, email dkibalama at chesapeakehospitality dot com. All applications must be submitted through the website above for consideration.