We are seeking an experienced General Manager to oversee all facets of The Aspen at Manchester. The hotel requires a hands-on professional to oversee the day-to-day operations, asset and fiscal management of the hotel, with assistance from the management company that provides resources designed to assist the success of the on-site property team.
We are looking for an individual who can assume this leadership role and maximize profitability while fostering an atmosphere of mentoring and teamwork and creating the standard for excellence in guest service.
The candidate must:
1. Possess a clear understanding of sales and marketing in order to maximize market opportunities and identify new or modified approaches to benefit the property.
2. Create a diverse, supportive work environment by mentoring and developing staff to achieve their maximum potential and work together effectively.
3. Have the ability to analyze profit and loss and market impact on the property and product
4. Have experience with budget creation, forecasting and profit and loss statements.
5. Possess strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
6. Manage performance issues quickly and fairly.
7. Communicate and enforce company policies and procedures along with other staff-related actions including but not limited to: disciplinary actions, resolution of issues, salary and benefits.
8. A strong dedication to excellence of service, both internal and external. Create partnership with staff through respect and trust, while keeping the standards of delivering a high level of service a top priority.
9. The General Manager will create and maintain guest-driven operations and provide vision to inspire all associates to do their best. The General Manager position requires experience in all areas of hotel management, including revenue management, sales & marketing, human resources, housekeeping, maintenance and risk management.
10. Operation of the hotel will be within the framework of the approved annual budget, annual marketing plan, annual capital expenditure plan, annual wage plan and always within all company policies and procedures.
- Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s).
- Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
- Ability to use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of customers and hotel management.
Minimum 2 years experience as an AGM. 3 years hotel operations experience in a supervisory capacity. 2 years experience in direct sales or retail trade; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Possess a valid driver's license.