General Manager - Savannah
Mansion on Forsyth Park
Location: US - LA - New Orleans
Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the General Manager position is to direct and coordinate activities of the organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing functions as the primary strategic leader of the hotel. The incumbent is responsible for monitoring all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance and sales and revenue generation. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the property in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes business results and works with the leadership team to develop effective strategies to address needs.
- Makes key decisions and oversees execution, removing obstacles to success and ensuring appropriate resources are available to achieve business results
- Plans, develops and implements company policies and goals
- Coordinates activities of divisions or departments such as Sales, Human Resources, Engineering, Front Office, Housekeeping, and F&B to affect operational efficiency and economy
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented
- Ensuring brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations; communicating follow-up actions to the team as necessary
- Preparing an annual budget with appropriate department heads to ensure the smooth operations of the hotel, set financial goals and plan expenses
- Monitoring actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments
- Creating an environment in which all employees have the ability to reach their full potential
Please note - Position is located is Savannah, GA.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Proven track record in delivering financial results
- Ability to build a cohesive team and facilitate accomplishment of goals
- Proven track record of positive employee satisfaction scores
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Property Executive Team
Standards & Culture
Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
- Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
- Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
- Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
- Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
- Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
- Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
- Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
- Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
- Prepared and punctual for all meetings
- Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
- Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
- Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
- Improve professional competency and property/location performance
- Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
- Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
- Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Sr. Vice President of Human Resources
- Vice President Food & Beverage Operations
- Vice President of IT
- Corporate Controller
- Director of Revenue Management
- Director of Human Resources
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
- Regularly required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods to complete deskwork.
- Regularly required to use computer/keyboard, and mobile communication devices.
- Regularly required to sit, stoop, bend, crouch, push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs, reach with hands and arms.
Please note - Position is located is Savannah, GA.