JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Roost General Manager is to assure the overall success of the restaurant (and accompanying venues) by meeting or exceeding both the financial objectives for the restaurant and the guests’ expectations for product quality and service. The Roost GM is knowledgeable of Hyatt Brand Standards and JHM Standard Operating Procedures and takes action to ensure compliance with both.
Essential Job Functions
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and customer service oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as a part of a team as well as complete assignments independently; to take instructions from Hyatt’s General Manager; to exercise problem solving skills and to interact with co-workers, General Manager, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
• Gives direction, as required, to the Roost Executive Chef. Understands menu prior to opening and is aware of changes during service. Understands timing of various items and supervises the timing of servers and the cook line.
• Be knowledgeable of all menu items, garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct, concise way.
• Be knowledgeable of the wine list, cocktails and bar including wine selections
• Oversees food quality coming from the Roost Line. Ensures that presentation, temperature and portions meet standards.
• Controls operation of his/her restaurant. Insures proper execution of service between team members. Observe diners to respond to any additional requests. Manages the restaurant in an efficient timely manner. Responsible for printing new menus when needed.
• Ensures opening/closing duties are completed on a daily basis including all assigned sidework is completed by the restaurant staff. Monitors Assistant Restaurant Managers work to ensure that server’s paperwork at the end of the shift is completed, that all required paperwork is given to Night Audit. Responsible for insuring that checks are closed to correct account.
• Accountable for the food cost and the beverage cost of the restaurant.
• Awareness of hotel functions and special events. Manager on Duty Responsibilities as necessary.
• Knowledgeable on computer terminal, POS System, E-time. Responsible for forecasting.
• Must help servers when help is needed, by bussing tables, serving food, opening wine, etc.
• Responsible for preparing weekly work schedule and controlling labor cost for department.
• Completing Weekly associate tip reporting.
• Responsible for maintaining guest relations charge log.
College degree preferred. Significant previous management experience required. Fine dining, culinary, and knowledge of wines preferred.
JHM Hotels is an equal opportunity and e-verify employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.