Are you looking for an employer that respects your knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit yet provides a framework of guidance and support? Chesapeake Hospitality is seeking a dynamic General Manager for the award-winning Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Kingwood. With the Trip Advisor 2016 Certificate of Excellence and the Balance Scorecard Most Improved Merit Award, this hotel offers 75 spacious suites, complimentary shopping service and daily hot full breakfast.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant General Manager, Director of Operations or General Manager who can take this limited-service hotel to greater heights and make it a market leader while creating a working environment for employees that delivers on our promise to "Experience What's Possible." As a Chesapeake Hospitality General Manager, you will lead and manage hotel operations and your team to compliance with company and brand standards while delivering excellent service scores and profitability.
This is a great opportunity for a first time General Manager!
As the General Manager your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the effective management of all hotel functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing the guest experience.
- Ensure the development of a realistic strategic business and marketing plan that defines operational goals and profitability.
- Develop and implement creative ways to integrate the hotel into the local community and build long-term relationships.
- Create and maintain customer-driven operations with a vision that inspires hotel associates and ensures guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that all business decisions are in line with the company's mission, values, and guiding principles.
- Successfully balance the needs and expectations of guests, employees, corporate, the brand and hotel ownership.
For you to be the ideal candidate, you should have the following:
- A personality that thrives in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment with a lot of variety.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to train and hold your staff accountable for best practices.
- An understanding of all hotel functional areas i.e. Sales, Maintenance, Rooms, Front Desk, Accounting, and HR.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with guests and employees.
- 2+ years of hotel general management or operations experience in a similar sized hotel.
- A good understanding of hotel management systems.
- Experience with the Hilton brand or the willingness to quickly learn the brand.
- Experience with Opera is a plus
- Extended stay experience is a plus.
Why work with Chesapeake Hospitality?
We are looking to hire the best leader for this hotel and will offer relocation assistance if needed. This position offers a yearly bonus based on the performance of the hotel, health insurance, 401k, life insurance, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Paid Time Off, Professional Development and opportunities for career advancement. It is also an opportunity to work with Chesapeake Hospitality, one of the fastest growing companies in the hospitality industry.
If you have questions, email dkibalama at chesapeakehospitality dot com. All applications must be submitted through the website above for consideration.