General Manager - Hampton Inn Memphis Shady Grove
At a Glance:
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove hotel is an ideal location for business, with several Fortune 500 companies nearby including FedEx, International Paper, and ServiceMaster. Relive musical history at Graceland, home of Elvis Presley, or see where rock and roll legends made some of their first records at Sun Studio. For outdoor fun, take the kids to Memphis Zoo or play golf on some of the local world-class courses.
Corky's, one of the best barbeque restaurants in Memphis, is just a short distance from our hotel. Take the complimentary shuttle to Memphis International Airport and attractions within a 5-mile radius.
Our Southern hospitality shows in our thoughtful services and amenities. Check into a guest room with a clean and fresh Hampton bed®, mini-refrigerator, free WiFi and a handy lap desk. Get your day off to a great start with Hampton's free hot breakfast in our inviting breakfast area. If you're in a hurry, pick up one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags available Monday through Friday. This ideal Memphis business hotel hosts meetings and events for up to 90 guests and provides a business center to keep you connected throughout your stay. Enjoy a workout in the complimentary fitness center or get some fresh air by the outdoor pool with beautiful landscaped patio.
About The Hotel:
* Located in the heart of Memphis' business district
* Complimentary airport and local shuttle
* 130 guest rooms, suites, and accessible rooms
* Cozy and social atmosphere with warming fireplace
* 1,378 sq. ft. of meeting/events space for 14-90 guests
* On the Run® Breakfast Bags available Monday through Friday
What will I be doing?
As the General Manager, you would be responsible for managing daily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Lead, direct and manage all hotel operations including, but not limited to hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, leading service initiatives, leading and managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, leading and developing the executive team, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns and hotel-wide meeting participation and facilitation
* Ensure guest and team member satisfaction
* Monitor and develop team member performance, particularly the executive team and department heads, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
* Recruit, interview and train team members
* Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements
* Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
* Serve as primary liaison with hotel owners and corporate entities
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of general manager experience managing revenues of $3M or greater
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven success in mentoring high performing teams
- Hampton Inn brand experience
- Local market experience
- Experience working for a franchise property
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!