Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one’s career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, “Hibiscus Huddles, “in honor of our company logo.
To ensure that the total operation of the hotel is maintained on a daily basis and that the needs of our owners, employees and customers are met and/or exceeded.Responsibilities
- Daily hands on review of the total operation
- Participate in the Department head update meeting discussing specific business needs for the upcoming week and interdepartmental communications and problem solving
- Responsible for group rooms pre-sell review and rooms merchandising decisions with goal setting and risk assessment
- Handle the short term financial outlook - payroll control, cash distributions, receivables, payables, revenue position against plan
- Responsible for the divisional progress review while determining rooms impact and engineering concerns
- Work with Human Resources to address personnel issues to include discussion of options/needs assessment
- Responsible for the ownership marketing review, preparation, and presentation
- Partner with area Chamber of Commerce and identify other community outreach opportunities
- Attend Omni Management Meetings
- Provide oversight to all marketing activities
- Provide Annual - Quarterly Financial Planning
- Responsible for the PBL update
- Develop Marketing action plan
- Responsible for the KRA development and review
- Prepare Annual budget
- Business plan development
- 10 years minimum experience as a General Manager in a Four-Diamond hotel
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to motivate team to provide best in class customer service
- 10+ years of P&L responibilities
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.