Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The General Manager will be responsible for:
- Achieving the hotel’s service, revenue, and financial performance goals that are products of strategic and visionary planning, development and execution. This includes:
- Providing a core, foundational and dynamic guest and team member relation platforms that culminates in the highest levels of satisfaction and loyalty.
- Business and operational forecasting and planning that incorporates broad-based strategies and metrics that fulfill financial performance goals.
- Leading and directing the efforts of an Executive Team that includes Rooms, F&B, Housekeeping, Sales & Marketing, Revenue Management, Finance, Engineering and Human Resources. This includes:
- Providing clear, concise and timely guidance, direction and accountability expectations to each individual Executive Team member.
- Providing a platform for inclusion, collaboration and coordination from and between each Executive Team member.
- Ensuring that the highest level of compliance with Ownership and Franchise Brand Standards are adhered to and met. This includes:
- Fulfilling and improving upon the Hilton Hotel Corporation Franchise Brand Standards through the established Quality Assurance processes.
- Fulfilling and improving upon the Stanford Hotel’s ethics and compliance standards through the established Internal Audit processes.
- Ensuring that the hotel is strategically aligned within the local hospitality industry and the Oahu community through active support and participation in various organizations and events.
- This position reports to the Vice President of Operations – Stanford Hotels.
- Previous background and experience (10+ years) as a General Manager within a full-service hotel environment of at least 450+ Rooms is required.
- Previous background, experience and commitment to lead within a diverse, vibrant and engaged team member environment is required.
- Previous background and experience as a General Manager within the Hilton family of hotels or an upscale branded Hospitality organization is preferred.
- Previous Hawaii or large international resort destination background and experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or related area of study is preferred.
The Company offers a generous total compensation package that includes:
- Annual incentive plan and merit increase considerations
- Medical, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with Company match
- Vacation, holiday and paid leave
- Stanford and Hilton travel benefits
- Other Senior-level total compensation package components
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Hospitality Management or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License (valid)