We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative General Manager to share our Core Values with:
- Be incredibly friendly and positive
- Serve and respect others
- Be smart about our business
- Enthusiastically reimagine
The Hotel Chicago - IL Medical District is a newly renovated boutique hotel conveniently located in the heart of Chicago's Medical District and UIC area. Just minutes from Downtown and Union Park, and only steps away from the famous United Center, Hotel Chicago is a prime location for any memorable stay in Chicago and the West Loop.
SUMMARY: The General Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing all departments and aspects of the Hotel. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and to grow the operational efficiency of the hotel.
The General Manager shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio's Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct Revenue Management for the hotel and work closely with its brand, owners, and the Home Office team.
- Grow the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the hotel.
- Develop and direct a team to make the hotel successful.
- Build relationships with local tourism organizations, local businesses, and General Managers.
- Utilize company reporting systems to include:
- Daily/weekly/monthly activities
- Time clock procedures
- Labor performance reports
- Accounts payable
- Administer various human resources processes such as orientation and training, recruitment and selection, recognition and reward programs, safety management, performance evaluations.
- Understand and uphold operational standards and guest satisfaction ratings.
- Understand and uphold all Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' training requirements.
- Oversee all financial practices.
- Adhere to and communicate budget requirements and restrictions.
- Control all operational and departmental expenses.
- Oversee all sales and marketing functions.
- Maintain on-going communication with all sales staff.
- Utilize web marketing initiatives and internet distribution channels.
- Develop and implement a Business Plan.
- Continuously source new business streams.
- Attend sales calls with DOS and initiate and maintain relationships with key guests and accounts.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/Team Member accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or higher level education in a business related field of study
- Experience handling operations of boutique hotels a plus
- Minimum six years of hotel experience
- Familiarization with hospitality industry success measures and strategies for product positioning
- Ability to carry oneself in a mature, professional and responsible manner at all times
- Service-minded and team-oriented
- Creative mindset
- Computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong attention to detail and hospitality knowledge
- Results-oriented writing techniques and strategies for correspondence.
- Ability to maximize impact, maintain interest, and establish a rapport with an audience with conveying information
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage time and resources
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Fluency in other languages beneficial