Portfolio Hotels & Resorts is looking for your positivity and creativity at our Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor.
Near University of Michigan, our beautiful Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor is minutes from downtown and campus attractions such as Michigan Stadium, Yost Ice Arena and Rackham Auditorium. This Hotel and our Team Members have a great personality and are looking for leadership to further their skills and create an exciting working environment.
Portfolio lives by our four Core Values. Let us share them with you:
- Be incredibly friendly and positive
- Serve and respect others
- Be smart about our business
- Enthusiastically reimagine
SUMMARY: The General Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing all departments and aspects of the Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest and Team Member satisfaction and to grow the operational efficiency of the Hotel.
The General Manager shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio's Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct Revenue Management for the hotel and work closely with its brand, owners, and the corporate team.
- Grow the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the hotel.
- Develop and direct a team to make the hotel successful.
- Build relationships with local tourism organizations, local businesses, and General Managers.
- Utilize company reporting systems to include:
- Daily/weekly/monthly activities
- Time clock procedures
- Labor performance reports
- Accounts payable
- Administer various human resources processes such as orientation and training, recruitment and selection, recognition and reward programs, safety management, performance evaluations.
- Understand and uphold operational standards and guest satisfaction ratings.
- Understand and uphold all Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' training requirements.
- Oversee all financial practices.
- Adhere to and communicate budget requirements and restrictions.
- Control all operational and departmental expenses.
- Oversee all sales and marketing functions.
- Maintain on-going communication with all sales staff.
- Utilize web marketing initiatives and internet distribution channels.
- Develop and implement a Business Plan.
- Continuously source new business streams.
- Attend sales calls with DOS and initiate and maintain relationships with key guests and accounts.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.