Careers and Job Opportunities for Crestline Hotels and Resorts LLC
Crestline -- successfully inspiring hospitality careers. As one of the largest and most well-respected hospitality management companies in the U.S., Crestline attributes its success to its more than 4,000 associates who exemplify our culture of service, forward-looking vision, and the ability to work together in a diverse environment. Since 2000, Crestline has been a preferred hospitality management company for many of the most notable brands including Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt and Starwood, as well as independent, private label hotels and conference centers. Operating in 28 states and the District of Columbia, Crestline's mission is to "exceed guest expectations, provide an engaging and supportive work environment, and deliver financial success and opportunities for our employees, our company and our owners and investors."
Crestline's associates enjoy liberal benefits, exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement, as well as educational opportunities. Crestline is consistently ranked as a top 10 management company - not only for its growth, but for its high operating standards that include optimal results in all areas of the hotel business - from RevPAR performance, to gross operating profit, to quality, to associate opinion surveys, and employee retention.
Whether you are looking to enhance your skills or rise to executive management, Crestline is a hospitality leader that values your work ethic and rewards your contributions. We invite you to consider a career with Crestline.
The General Manager is responsible for the successful operation and administration of all hotel departments. The General Manager must ensure that all hotel departments are continually balanced, while focusing on providing an exceptional experience to every guest, maximizing department profitability and maintaining positive owner relations at the same time. The General Manager is responsible for ensuring that all hotel operations are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service. The General Manager will achieve desired outcomes by planning, implementing and controlling effective departmental strategies that drive business results and through the creation, development and maintenance of a competent, motivated and empowered hotel staff and management. The General Manager will effectively lead, train, coach, motivate, engage and provide feedback to the hotel staff, supervisors and managers on a daily basis. The General Manager will serve as the top property leader as well as the hotel liaison to the corporate offices and ownership.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Responsibilities:
• Leads the effective management of all hotel functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing the guest experience.
• Is responsible for ensuring that all staff and management as well as business decisions are in line with the ‘Crestline Culture’, including the mission, values and guiding principals of the organization.
• Ensures the maximization of hotel revenue by anticipating market shifts and developing and monitoring annual business and marketing plans.
• Successfully balance the needs and expectations of guests, employees, corporate and ownership.
• Measures the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield management efforts.
• Ensures the development of a realistic strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability.
• Ensures successful implementation of marketing programs and budgets.
• Coordinates capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image
• Reviews and approves accounting and management reports.
• Compares actual performance to planned performance, identifies variances and initiates corrective action.
• Conducts staff and employee meetings.
• Directly facilitates open employee communications to discern grievances and to respond to these grievances in all appropriate manners including redressing those meriting correction.
• Ensures all management positions are filled with qualified and talented personnel.
• Ensures established procedures are followed for employment/termination of personnel.
• Ensures that all hotel staff and management are in compliance with the training goals that are required by corporate and the brand (if applicable).
• Anticipates and documents capital expenditure requirements.
• Responsible for operating the property in such a manner as to conform to the accepted standards, policies and regulations of Crestline Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
• Ensures that the "Open Door Policy" is operative at all levels and employee morale is maintained.
• Work closely with executive committee members and department managers to develop them both personally and professionally.
Education & Experience:
- Previous Hotel Management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university/college plus at least eight (8) years of related experience; or High school diploma or equivalent plus at least ten (10) years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Computer skills required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Experience with hotel information systems required.