Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Residence Inn Pleasanton is looking for an experienced Hotel General Manager to join and lead a great team! The GM is responsible for the overall management and operation of the hotel including profitability, guest service, quality and overall cleanliness & maintenance of the property. Come be part of of our 135 all-suite hotel located 45 miles east of San Francisco, nestled in Northern California's Tri-Valley region.
- Lead the Executive and Management team effectively
- Coordinate the operation of each individual's department and special projects, and assist in identifying problems and solutions
- Guide the committee in dealing with the hotel's problems and opportunities in order to best serve the financial interests of the property
- Monthly forecasting of operating staff and cost expenditures
- Business planning in line with forecasted sales and costs including guidance to department heads
- Monthly P&L review to keep cost and expenses in line
- Provide solid employee relations for the entire hotel
- Involvement in sales & revenue management to help with strategy, identifying need periods and supporting team to accomplish top line goals
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, back of house, banquet function set-ups
- Assure that written lists are developed of corrective actions required for implementation by housekeeping, maintenance and operating departments
- Through leadership and mentoring, establish a friendly, courteous, service-oriented approach to guests that is exhibited by all hotel employees
- Establish and implement guest service standards for all departments. Periodically reviewing, identifying problems and taking corrective actions
- Assure the hotel has an ongoing preventive maintenance program and the property is kept in good working condition
- 5+ years experience as a GM at a Residence Inn or similar limited-service hotel. (REQUIRED)
- Experience working within a Branded Hotel Environment - Marriott, Starwood, or Hilton (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees
- Demonstrate team building experience and ability to lead by example
- Ability to instill a guest service attitude in all employees.
- Experience in training and developing employees
5 years: General Manager at a Residence Inn or similar limited-service hotel
Licenses & Certifications