Introducing the new Hcareers, launching Fall 2019. The Hcareers you already know is bringing you the best experience in the industry. Learn more!
· Are you an energetic, experienced department head seeking your first GM position?
· Does managing a new, luxurious, independent boutique hotel in downtown Vancouver appeal to you?
· Are you able to thrive outside the realm of large hotel companies?
· Do you have the skills required to take our property to the next level?
· Are you interested in social enterprise?
If so, then you should definitely apply to become Skwachays Lodge GM
YOUR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Work as a hands-on GM, directing and participating in all aspects of the daily operation of our 18-suite boutique hotel
· Actively manage the food and beverage operation
· Deliver financial results by maximizing revenue and containing costs to meet bottom line objectives within an annual operating plan and budget
· Ensure attentive guest service and highly experiential stays commensurate with a luxury boutique hotel
· Establish, implement and continuously improve operating systems, standards, policies and procedures
· Build, mentor and empower a strong, service-oriented team and create a positive work environment
OPERATIONAL QUALFICATIONS AND TECHINICAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Previous F&B and Rooms management experience in a 4-star hotel; having worked as a Concierge in a luxury service environment is an asset
· Experience with fulfilling 4-star expectations for guest service, F&B and front desk
· Skilled in Revenue Management, on-line booking systems, MS Office
· Proficient working knowledge of cost-controls, budgeting, reporting and forecasting
· Strong knowledge of the City of Vancouver, including tourist attractions, restaurants and shopping
· A commitment to consistently delivering exceptional guest experiences
· Impeccable English written, verbal and interpersonal skills; additional languages an asset
· Serving it Right and Food Safe certificates
· Willingness to work flexible hours
· Valid BC drivers license
· Permission to work in Canada
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: Competitive Salary, extended benefits
Management Position: Yes
Hiring Contact: Maggie Edwards
Contact Title: General Manager