We are currently searching for a General Manager for the new Dakota Dunes Hotel & Conference Centre currently being constructed south of Saskatoon. The Dakota Dunes hotel will feature Indigenous themes and décor, with 155 rooms, a fitness centre, business centre, pool and full bar and restaurant to the Whitecap Dakota First Nation region. The hotel is expected to stimulate the local economy by contributing to spin-off businesses and increased visitors to area attractions such as the casino and golf course.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of hotel operations by leading, coaching and mentoring hotel employees, supervisors and managers, ensuring the maximization of revenues, market share, NOI, GSI, ESS through the development of a strong service culture and entrepreneurial spirit that displays the values and vision of ATLIFIC HOTELS.
Interested candidates are required to have new build and full-service experience and have demonstrated experience in these key performance areas;
- Effectively implements hotel and Atlific standards including property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service.
- Standard Operating Procedures for the hotel are developed, reviewed and followed.
- Participates in the sales process; setting the sales strategy, building strong customer relationships, conducting hotel tours and participating in customer meetings and evening receptions.
- Proactively lead Operations, Housekeeping, Human Resources, Food & Beverage and Engineering departments to maximize financial performance and guest satisfaction while upholding brand standards and driving the Element culture.
- Actively works with the Atlific Revenue Management team to develop an effective revenue strategy that supports brand positioning in the local market. Supports revenue practices to maximize total revenue, while growing market share.
- Manages the operational budget (up to an approved limit) and directs the annual hotel strategic planning process, operating budget, marketing and capital plans.
- Maximizes NOI through effective execution of sales and marketing plans, GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) management, customer service and effective cost controls.
- Oversees and coordinates capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, and to protect the asset from neglect, damage or deterioration.
Human Resources and Development
- Creates a strong service culture in the hotel and maximizes GSI.
- Quarterly and Yearly Performance Management reviews of employees.
- Hires and supervises leaders in the efficient operation of their respective areas.
- Maximizes ESS through strong leadership, HR policies and effective practices.
- Participates in applicable corporate training programs.
Supervision and Support
- Participates in community affairs and events while maintaining a positive public image for the Hotel and Atlific.
- Identifies and implements synergies between the hotel properties.
- Strong decisive leader and role model to all associates.
- Leverages relationships and resources with area hotels, owners, regional and corporate offices.
- Encourages open dialogue among all associates and cultivates an environment which encourages employee suggestions and involvement.
- Ensures coverage in time of manpower shortage, emergency situations and vacation.
- Oversees the roll out of any Atlific Corporate Initiatives.
- Ensures the health and safety of all Guests and Employees.
- Develops a life safety plan and Emergency Response Team for the hotel.
- Ensures Local, Provincial and Brand compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- New build opening experience is a prerequisite, preferably in full service.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Hotel/Restaurant or Business Administration, or Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) designation is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ GM experience required.
- Management of a top-tier hotel brand considered an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with developing business plans and financial budgets.
- Identifies priorities, plans, organizes and delegates responsibility effectively.
- Excellent communicator and experience with coaching, training and motivating.
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Priority will be given to individuals who identify as First Nations, Metis or Inuit.
For interested candidates, please send your covering letter and resume to Philippe Gadbois, Senior Vice President, Operations: email@example.com