Location: US - IL - Chicago
Are you a professional with a proven track record of creating and leading a passionate team to deliver impeccable hospitality in a boutique, upscale hotel environment? Would you be excited to use the arts as a forum to attract business while fostering conversation, inspiring discussion and engaging the community?
If so, this opportunity to lead a hotel focused on visual arts might be perfect for you. A key differentiator for a candidate will be her/his personal interest in and/or connection to the Arts as well as the potential impact and influence they hold.
Areas of Focus
- Oversee all hotel operations while ensuring budgeted results and strong financial flow through
- Act as an ambassador by demonstrating a dynamic, involved presence throughout the hotel that can be felt by guests and associates alike
- Source and develop highly effective relationships within art communities and/or other organizations
- Create a dynamic, engaged team that is passionate about living and delivering upon an arts centric culture
- Demonstrate an uncompromising eye for detail to ensure a high quality product
- Ensure service excellence is delivered daily by all leaders and staff
- Contribute and participate regularly in the areas of marketing, promotions, sales, public relations and community involvement.
- Consistently deliver accurate forecasting projections for all areas of responsibility and implement timely and effective adjustments as required in staffing and expense controls to ensure profit integrity
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards, property image, maintenance and operating efficiency
- Ability to thoroughly analyze/segment the market and establish strategies to penetrate and exceed fair market share
- All other duties normally assigned to a Luxury/Full-Service Hotel General Manager
Experience & Skills
The successful candidate must possess a results-focused track record of providing exceptional experiences balanced with efficiency in a hotel environment, preferably as a prior General Manager. This candidate may have a degree in art, hospitality, business or other related fields. Previous leadership responsibility for independent upscale/luxury properties distinguished by unique amenities would be extremely advantageous.