HolIday Inn Express & Suites Birmingham/Fultondale North
SUMMARY: Responsible for generating profit to meet or exceed budget expectations, while maintaining operational and guest service standards as described for Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
1. Develop, administer and control the hotel revenue and expense budgets.
2. Analyze Profit & Loss and General Ledger statements. Submit P&L Variance Reports in a timely manner.
3. Review and approve the hotel payroll.
4. Review and approve transmittals and other front office paperwork and reports.
5. Authorize direct bill accounts and monitor the administration of Accounts Receivable.
6. Facilitate lead management processes within the hotel and provide sales support to team.
7. Oversee tracking of leads and results, follow up with DOS to ensure leads are actively managed and followed up on.
8. Maintain relationships with target accounts. Sustain pieces of business that are core business. Retain and service that business.
9. Take ownership of sales when the DOS isn’t available.
10. Assist DOS in joint calls on accounts.
11. Coach and train all members of the hotel team on their role in the sales process.
12. Review room inventory management to ensure maximization of room revenue.
13. Ensure proper selection, training, counseling and motivation of all team members. Hire, train, counsel and motivate management team members.
14. Ensure proper administration of Candlewood benefits programs to all hotel team members.
15. Review all hourly personnel performance appraisals. Conduct all management performance appraisals.
16. Review all hourly team member disciplinary procedures and documentation. Follow progressive discipline steps, up to and including termination, to correct team member performance deficiencies.
17. Ensure team member attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest needs.
18. Ensure proper delivery of guest special requests.
19. Meet with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
20. Monitor results of guest comment cards. Take appropriate corrective actions on a timely basis.
21. Respond and follow up on all written guest complaints. Ensure guest satisfaction with resolution of the complaint or problem.
22. Inspect rooms according to quality standards for cleanliness and proper preventative maintenance.
23. Develop and maintain hotel programs to assure that the quality program criteria are met.
24. Complete and submit all forms for capital improvement for the hotel.
25. Ensure all team members are trained to act according to procedure, in the event of an emergency or accident at the hotel.
26. Ensure a viable key control program is in place in all hotel departments, with documentation.
27. Ensure team members follow appropriate cash control procedures.
28. Ensure the security needs of the property and guests are met.
29. Maintain an active and visible position in the local community and industry.
30. Develop and maintain rapport with competitive hotels: City Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, lead sources, clients, etc.
31. Participate in community activities, team member functions and guest events.
32. Conduct regular team and sales meetings.
33. Respond to requests from immediate supervisor. Follow-up with immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
Team Member SignatureDate
Will be provided when hired.
Position Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes
Hiring Contact: Nisha Patel
Contact Title: Mrs