Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its twelve global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world and know how to offer an exceptional hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member.
What will I be doing?
The General Manager (GM) manages the day to day hotel operations in keeping with all corporate and brand standards. He/She sets the strategic direction and management of the hotel to maximize performance, profitability and return on investment as well as guest and team member satisfaction.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Communicating with hotel owners, managing and exceed the owners and company expectations.
* Communicate on a regular basis with owner's representatives, provide them with required formal reports and builds a cordial relationship directed towards a mutually beneficial on-going association.
* Ensure the development and execution of strategic sales and marketing initiatives.
* Structure a financially sound and accurate Business Plan.
* Facilitate the preparation of hotel budgets and forecast for corporate submission and approvals.
* Agree financial targets with Senior Management team and ensure they are kept up to date with on-going financial information.
* Approve hotel department budgets, defining and directing changes, as required.
* Implement capital expenditure decisions in line with business performance.
* Ensure accurate forecasting, predicting potential highs and lows in business and initiate necessary changes, analyse variances and initiate appropriate action plans.
* Manage cash flow, assets and costs to optimise profit conversion and deliver against the plan.
* Maximise Rev Par results and stay conscious of market threats and opportunities to ensure activities respond to these conditions.
* Review forecasts and balanced scorecard, maximize profitability, increase service levels and improve team member satisfaction.
* Support Business Development team with client visits.
* Oversee the sales and marketing activity and results, lead and/or participate in sales and marketing strategy meetings as needed.
* Create and maintain relationships with key revenue producing customers.
* Maintain and improve SALT results.
* Manage customer complaints effectively, speak with and respond to guests regarding service challenges.
* Uses customer feedback to activate long-term improvements in products and services.
* Hire, supervise, coach, and conduct performance evaluations for 4Ds and key Heads of Departments.
* Monitor high potential 4Ds, department heads and team member activity, develops the skills and abilities of direct reports and ensures their growth within the company and ensure departmental Succession Plans are in place.
* Follow an open door policy to ensure 2 ways communication processes with team members are encouraged.
* Improves Team Member positive turnover figures and reduce negative turnover.
* Empower HOD to take ownership for their own people management issues.
* Communicate with a variety of corporate departments regarding implementation of Brand standards, and Hilton worldwide.
* Create and use PR opportunities to exploit the brand image and maintain the hotel product in line with Brand Standards.
* Communicate Hilton world wide's Vision, mission, policies and procedures and strategy throughout the business.
* Manage the integration of IT initiatives and use technology to enhance management information.
* Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, achieve Health and Safety targets and share best practices across the organization.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
A General Manager serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- College degree or Diploma or significant work experience in lieu thereof.
- Significant experience in hotel industry, including at least six to eight (6-8) years of supervisory and managerial experience.
- Substantial and successful track record in hotel operations.
- Extensive knowledge of operating high end luxury resorts (preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of managing luxurious Spa operations and wellness activities.
- Hotel general management experience preferred.
- Proven track record of successes in achieving revenue and service objectives.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate train and retain a team of professionals.
- Ability to analyze financial data as required in order making strategic and tactical decisions and ability to perform critical analysis.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills, as well as excellent written communication skills.
- Effectively deal with owners, customers and team members, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to advocate and implement professional development for self, direct reports and others, including capability to work with peers and other resources to provide development and mentoring opportunities; includes adherence to organization's standards for performance feedback.
- Budget development and management skills, including the ability to track expenses against commitments, set priorities for funding, and develop annual budgets.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As a Hilton Worldwide Team Member, you will be eligible to reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.