Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Wayne, IN (Lima Road)
Location: US - IN - Fort Wayne
Wanted: General Manager-Fairfield Inn by Marriott Fort Wayne, IN
Hawkeye Hotels is one of the fastest growing family owned hospitality companies in the U.S. We have an opening for a General Manager in the Fort Wayne, IN market for our Fairfield Inn by Marriott property. The ideal candidate would be a seasoned and experienced GM of mid-scale branded - full service hotels.
As a Hawkeye GM you will be responsible for directing all employee functions of the hotel in accordance with the policies and practices of the brand, and the company, while achieving guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, targeted profitability, and complying with federal and state regulations.
Do You Have What It Takes?
To lead and motivate department managers and team members to excellence, to be responsible for the professional operation of the property in accordance with brand standards and company procedures and standards while achieving guest satisfaction, targeted profitability, and complying with federal and state regulations.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
1. To drive profitability and service excellence throughout the property while creating a culture of empowerment and Team spirit.
2. To submit timely and accurate financial information to the company in terms of forecasted and actual results ensuring a proactive response to adverse trends in sales and/or profit margins.
3. To provide leadership to their assigned property projecting a professional and ethical image in all aspects of work performance and conduct.
4. To be responsible for the full implementation and consistency of Hawkeye Hotels’ standards and company expectations, brand standards, and industry rating for the property.
5. To identify and act upon opportunities to achieve maximum RevPar through yield management strategies and to communicate with the Director of Operations of these opportunities.
6. To prepare a budget for presentation to the Director of Operations.
7. To control all purchasing in accordance with the budget outline and as required by company policy.
8. To work with Team Members to ensure ongoing training and development for a positive and proactive approach towards all of the property’s guests.
9. To focus on the delivery of Customer Service with a proactive approach and response to guest comments/complaints as required by the brand standard and company policy, and alerting the Director of Operations to any serious concerns.
10. To carry out the role of a Project Manager to ensure that all authorized capital/renovation work is successfully completed.
Previous General Manager experience (minimum of three years) at brand of similar quality and size (Starwood, Carlson, Hilton, Marriott, IHG etc.) required. PMS & Revenue Management experience preferred.
Qualification Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or Experience
- Qualification in hotel management or related hospitality industry required
- Management or senior supervisory experience in hotels or experience in the industry with transferrable skills
- Proven ability to make profit
2. Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language, write concise reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar; speak with poise, voice control and confidence using correct English and pleasant voice tone.
- Must be able to conduct and manage meetings.
- Ability to communicate with staff who speak/write limited English
3. Accounting Skills
- Ability to fully understand Profit & Loss Statements
- Ability to prepare and monitor property budgets and cost control worksheets
Computer Skills The employee must have the ability to learn and be proficient in Microsoft Office. Ability to learn and be proficient in the PMS system of the property is also required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.