Home 2 Suites-New Construction
Location: US - MN - Saint Paul
The Home 2 Suites currently under construction is searching for a General Manager to lead their team.
Do You Have What It Takes?
Hawkeye Hotels is looking for someone to lead and motivate department mangers and team members to excellence, to be responsible for the professional operation of the property in accordance with brand standards and company procedures and standards while achieving guest satisfaction, targeted profitability, and complying with federal and state regulations.
Hawkeye Hotels represents the highest quality, state of the art hotels that are either new or newly renovated. We take it as a matter of professional pride to exceed the highest expectation of today's sophisticated travelers. Founded in 1982 with one roadside hotel in Mena, Arkansas, Hawkeye Hotels has become one of the fastest-growing family-owned hospitality companies in the U.S. Today, Hawkeye Hotels owns and operates over $400 million in assets across the Midwest. We maintain lasting affiliations with leading brands, including Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental and Starwood.
Your passion for hospitality and enthusiastic approach to management helps our outlets run smoothly and efficiently. You know what it takes to excite our guests and inspire our team. To succeed you will:
- Consistently lead and mentor the team in providing outstanding guest service
- Identify and act upon opportunities to achieve maximum RevPAR through revenue management strategies and by actively participating in sales efforts
- Use your creativity to generate and implement new ideas or changes
- Respond to guest and staff inquiries in a timely, professional, and courteous manner
- Submit timely and accurate financial information to the company in terms of forecasted and actual results
- Be responsible for the full implementation and consistency of Hawkeye Hotels’ standards and company expectations, brand standards, and industry rating for the property
- Control all purchasing in accordance with the budget outline and as required by company policy
- Carry out the role of Project Manager to ensure that all authorized capital/renovation work is successfully completed
- To be personally on call for the property staff 24 hours and ensure on call arrangements are in place with senior team embers as appropriate
- Qualification in hotel management or related hospitality industry desired
- Management or senior supervisory experience in hotels or experience in the industry with transferrable skills
- Proven ability to make profit
- Ability to fully understand Profit & Loss Statements
- Ability to prepare and monitor property budgets and cost control worksheets
- Accurate forecasting/budgeting at assigned property
- High School Diploma
- 2 years General Manager experience
- Opening Experience preferred
- Previous Hilton experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.