Courtyard by Marriott Waldorf
Location: US - MD - Waldorf
PM Hotel Group is seeking a dynamic, energetic leader who has great interpersonal skills, knowledge and experience of financials, sales and marketing, revenue management, experience in rooms and Food and Beverage department.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Supervise and develop the performance of all operating departments including, but not limited to: telephone, reservations, front office, guest services, housekeeping, security and maintenance to ensure the highest possible levels of guest satisfaction in a cost efficient manner.
- Develop, implement, monitor and participate in a comprehensive sales and marketing plan that results in optimum rate and occupancy for the hotel. Meet or exceed established budgetary guidelines for the hotel.
- Protect and enhance the value of all hotel assets through appropriate programs in maintenance, security, housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all period-end financial statements and reports, and provide controls to ensure the proper handling and accounting for all hotel receipts.
- Weekly forecasting and planning of operating staffing ad cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted sales and costs. Develop action plans to maximize occupancy and to maximize average rate.
- Manage all hotel associates, and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these associates. Also directly supervise all non-supervisory employees. Carry out supervisory responsibility in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Related responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising, performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Review and approve all operating expenses.
- Maintain credit policies in sales, reservations, and front desk. Credit meetings, supervision of collection of major accounts, review of aging reports, and approval of write-offs.
- Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment for all associates while ensuring that all employment-related processes and documentation are in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other tasks as necessary in order to achieve the financial performance and goals of the organization.
- Confer with administrative personnel and review activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Prepare directives to division or department administrators outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Promote organization in industry or trade associations.
- Assure regular repair, upkeep, and overall general maintenance of the hotel and provide a system of ongoing maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure all hotel policies and procedures are fully implemented in all departments, including safety, emergency guidelines, etc.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning. Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate. Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear. Ability to move throughout premises and visually inspect conditions, including bending, stooping and reaching arms overhead. Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines. Ability to travel to various sites on and off hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.