Residence Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport -OPENING JUNE 2018
Location: US - WA - Seattle
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
We are Texas Western Hospitality, a Dallas, Texas based hotel management company. We are searching for a General Manager to open our beautiful brand new Residence Inn (opening June 2018), located at the Seattle Sea-Tac Airport.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate full service, select service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona and North Carolina, We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
The General Manager will manage the hotels operation and maintain established cost and quality standards in order to ensure superior service and maximize profits.
- Develops short and long term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support overall company objectives. Prepares the annual hotel budget.
- Monitors hotel performance through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and monthly financial reports. Initiates corrective action.
- Manages all sources of revenue including the rooms, housekeeping, food and beverage, engineering, and other departments. Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Works with the Director of Sales, if needed can performs duties of a Sales and Marketing manager including making marketing calls; attending community business functions; working with travel agents and direct bill accounts; and coordinating sales promotions.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance to company procedures.
- Ensures staff received proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures.
- Inspects guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays.
- Promotes hotel’s policies and philosophies to employees and guests through direct and indirect interaction.
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures and assists Area Director in budget planning
- Produces monthly financial reports and knows at all times where the hotel stands against budget.
- Plans, implements and manages annual capital improvement projects with prior approval from VP of Operations or EVP of Operations.
- Manages human resources functions of the hotel by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Stays in compliance with all established Texas Western Hospitality to maintain functional and effective computer systems and hardware.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent. Two years experience in sales in the hospitality industry. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
Certification and/or License Requirement: Alcohol awareness certification as required by local or state government agency.