JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the General Manager is to ensure the success of the hotel, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction and product quality standards are met. The General Manager manages all areas in accordance with JHM Hotels and franchise standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provides exemplary performance for staff to follow.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible to meet expectations in the areas of Profit Management, Guest Services, Marketing and Sales Management, Human Resources Management, Asset Management, and Safety and Security Management as noted below:
- Meets or exceeds budgeted profit and margin for hotel.
- Accurately forecasts revenues/expenses.
- Prepares annual budget that accurately reflects the hotel’s business plan.
- Anticipates revenue/cost problems and manages the timing of discretionary expenditures to stabilize cash flow.
- Analyzes financial and operating information on ongoing basis to adjust business plans, labor requirements and operating costs.
- Ensures hotel staff is trained in financial control procedures for cash vouchers, inventories and receivables, and that these procedures are regularly followed.
- Knows the hotel’s demand segments and sources of business for each.
- Knows the principal competition for each demand segment and can take advantage of the hotel’s relative strengths against each.
- Identifies major revenues and expense opportunities and possible problems.
- Accurately forecasts occupancy changes based on the changing market conditions (e.g. increased competition).
- Translates business plans into action and manages those actions toward the achievement of revenue and cost objectives.
- Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guest needs.
- Is committed to making every guest a satisfied guest.
- Ensures all hotel staff, including new-hires, know all components/features of our guest service guarantee and are trained to meet service standards; develops added-value customer service programs.
- Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Ensures hotel standards contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
Marketing and Sales Management
- Can reposition the hotel as needed, upon management’s approval.
- Develops and implements marketing and sales plans based on demand segments and to maximize REVPAR.
- Knows why competitors are successful in each demand segment and directly markets/sells against them.
- Ensures that marketing and sales plans are appropriate for each sales period, including special plans to maximize room revenue during forecasted low occupancy.
- Coordinates advertising, public relations, and promotional programs.
- Knows key accounts and actively “sells” through sales calls, property tours, etc.
Human Resources Management
- Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation, pay and reward programs to maintain a qualified work-force.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Emphasizes associate selection, training and development as a way of doing business.
- Ensures all hotel associates know hotel objectives.
- Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and Federal laws and regulations.
- Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Resolves associate grievances in a fair and timely way.
- Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- Ensures training objective and development plans are completed.
- Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
- Performs all performance appraisals as required for direct reports.
- Maintains physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-cleaning activities.
- Ensures associate involvement in preventive maintenance programs.
- Protects the interests of the hotel during capital projects.
- Coordinates capital projects within budget, on time, and with minimal disruption to the guests.
- Has acceptable property quality audits.
- Personally conducts a weekly property audit with the hotel’s maintenance worker and Executive Housekeeper.
- Periodically inspects rooms, building exterior, parking lot, etc.
Safety and Security Management
- Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
- Understands and implements “Right to Know” laws.
- Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
- Recognizes and corrects potential security problems such as locking doors after hours, etc.
- Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system and ensures others are trained in same.
- Uses ongoing safety training to minimize worker’s compensation claims.
College degree in Hotel Administration preferred; 2-3 years hotel management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in hotel of similar size and stature.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.