Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The GM is responsible for the overall management and operation of the hotel including profitability, guest service, quality and overall cleanliness & maintenance of the property.
- Lead the Executive and Management team effectively
- Coordinate the operation of each individual's department and special projects, and assist in identifying problems and solutions
- Guide the committee in dealing with the hotel's problems and opportunities in order to best serve the financial interests of the property
- Monthly forecasting of operating staff and cost expenditures
- Business planning in line with forecasted sales and costs including guidance to department heads
- Monthly P&L review to keep cost and expenses in line
- Provide solid employee relations for the entire hotel, liaison with Local 19 for union negotiations and any grievances
- Involvement in sales & revenue management to help with strategy and identify need periods and supporting team to accomplish top line goals
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, back of house, banquet function set-ups
- Assure that written lists are developed of corrective actions required for implementation by housekeeping, maintenance and operating departments
- Through leadership and mentoring establish friendly, courteous, service-oriented approach to guests that is exhibited by all hotel employees
- Establish and implement guest service standards for all departments, periodically review, identify problems and corrective actions
- Assure that the hotel has an ongoing program for preventive maintenance program and the property is kept in good working condition
- 7+ years as a GM in a 300+ room full service hotel (REQUIRED) or 500+ room full service hotel (PREFERRED)
- Hilton Experience or Major Brand Experience (REQUIRED)
- Experience with local governments in negotiations and development of presentations (REQUIRED)
- Pre-opening experience (REQUIRED)
- Union Experience (PREFERRED)
- Bachelor’s Degree (PREFERRED)