Education and/or Experience:
* Hotel Management, General Business or Marketing degree preferred.
* Two to three years management experience preferred.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to deal with management, associates, guests, and general public in a courteous, tactful and patient manner.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, telephone, and presentation skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-pace, high energy and demanding work environment.
* Good understanding of revenue generation and profit/loss implications.
* Possess strong working knowledge of P&L statement.
* Understand MARSHA Inventory and daily selling strategies.
* Ability to work as a team player with all levels of hotel staff.
* Excellent guest relation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills needed to cultivate customer relations and work with associates of various levels and backgrounds.
* Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated to work independently with little guidance.
* Effective negotiation skills and strategic thinking.
* Good computer skills.
* Good management skills.
* Practice safety standards at all times.
* Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
* Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
* Prompt and regular attendance
* The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
* Associates are required to comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional attitude and appearance standards.
* Act as a team player with all levels of staff.
* Lead by example.
* Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
* Participate in self-development to include participation in company sponsored seminars and training programs, independent on-site training activities and non-company activities (reading, participation in civic and professional associations, courses, or seminars).
* Current and valid drivers license.
* Over-night travel as necessary.
* Adhere to requirements, policies, and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook and/or other property documents.
* Immediately report any suspicious activities by guests or others.