The General Manager is responsible for directing and overseeing all operational activities and departments in the hotel to maximize revenue and deliver a positive experience and exceptional customer service for the guests. Keep guest satisfaction as high as possible.
GENERAL MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
* Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
* Maintains and improves property standards and service to ensure guest satisfaction and the right public image.
* Ensure that the property and its inventories are always in the best of conditions.
* Develop annual budget and capital expenditure plans.
*Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
* Comply with all corporate accounting procedures.
* Prepare and submit on a timely basis operational results/reports to corporate office/owners.
* Inspects property on a regular basis and enforces the implementation of actions toward the safety, comfort, and cleanliness of the hotel and guest satisfaction.
* Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with company and legal requirements and strive for a culturally diverse work place.
* Selects, trains, and directs department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures.
* Delegates various tasks to the AGM and/or department supervisors to ensure the smooth operation of the property.
* Monitors performance, develops and guides associates in career paths.
* Conducts Performance Evaluations for Department Heads.
* Responsible for maintaining proper and confidential Human Resources files, i.e., personnel files, medical files, investigative files, etc.
* Aggressively reduce accidents, and minimize worker's compensation and unemployment claims and resulting costs.
* Assist in the development and implementation of Sales and Marketing Program and Quarterly Sales Strategy Reports.
* Accompany Sales Manager on sales calls.
* Become involved in community and/or government affairs.
* Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.